2/10/08

I am finally home from church


I had quite an interesting Sunday...today in Sacrament Meeting the talks were on Temples. It really made me think about how temple's impacted me in my life.

One of the talks were on sacrifices to get to the temple, I know a lot of the saints around this area until 23 years ago had to go to New Zealand but I know for myself when growing up in Tassie going to the temple was a sacrifice. I remember back 11 years ago, I was 13 and Mum & Dad decided to take us to Sydney so they could attend the Temple again because it's been a while since they had been together and on top of that Lissa, James & I were old enough to do baptisms.

I didn't realise at the time but Mum & Dad sacrificed so much so we were able to attend the temple up in Sydney. I think Dad picked up extra work and we went out without a few things but in a lot of we were blessed, we were able to get to know Aunty Rhonda, Uncle Don and our cousins again and on top of that it gave Nanna & Grandad the incentive to be sealed to Aunty Rhonda & Mum which is a great blessing.

Just little things to do with the temple like the Temple Trip, being able to attend the Melbourne Temple Dedication was able to help me understand the importance of going to the temple and being able to be married in the temple with my eternal companion. When that day came it was such a blessing, something that I have been waiting my whole lifetime for.
I love going to the temple and being able to feel that peace inside that sacred house. I am looking forward being able to go when I go to Melbourne next week.

1 comment:

Melany said...

Hey Pettle ... It's Mel (sals sister) I hear you are in my mums branch huh! fun stuff! Thought I would say hi! I might add you to my blog list of friend if thats ok!

Talk soon, Mel

Followers