Tahlia started her first day at day care yesterday. She will start at one day a week, when Declan goes to pre-school next year, it will increase to 2. However, seeing that she doesn't really hang out with anyone her age. I really felt it best for her to start mixing with other children. Ever since Declan started, I felt him improve on so many levels and I am hoping that Tahlia will be the same.
Tahlia didn't know what was going on however Declan did. At 7am, Declan was dressed ready to go. I lost count about how many times he asked me, can we go now? When we finally got to day care, Declan said to me, "I'm excited". We went in, I talked to their Day Carer about Tahlia's routine and then it was time for me to go. Tahlia wasn't phased at all. I gave them a kiss goodbye and walked out the door. This was the first time in 3 years, I have been alone for a period of time.
During the day, I went to the gym didn't work hard as I usually do, I then went to the shops, went home, ate lunch, did some chores around the house and then it was time for me to pick up the kids. When I walked in the door, both were excited to see me. Tahlia had a wonderful day, she potted around, played with toys, played with her new friend. The only problem was that she didn't sleep at all. I am sure that it will be fine in the next couple of weeks as she settles down properly.
All in all, it turned out for a good day and Declan loved having his little sister at Day Care.
No comments:
Post a Comment