Even though, I had a general disinterest in kids. I always had a lifelong dream of becoming a wife and mother. A decade later, that opportunity came. I married Benn and then 18 months later, after we wedded. I discovered I was pregnant. I remember the joy and excitement hearing the doctor say, "You had Glandular Fever and...You're pregnant." I guess just knowing that a little being was growing inside me and I was going to be a Mum. I loved watching my belly grow and develop then 9 months later. We were blessed with a little boy Declan. For the last 3 years, I have watched that little boy grow and I am so grateful for the little boy he has turned into.
Then 11 months after Declan was born, we received somewhat exciting news. I was going to be a Mum for the 2nd time. I was a little bit taken back with the news because we were not expecting another baby. We accepted Heavenly Father's will for us and 9 months later, we welcomed Tahlia into the family. With the reflection that I have with Tahlia. We are grateful for the little girl that she is and we could not be without her. She brings such a joy and happiness in our little family.
I have to say, I am now a changed woman. I am blessed to have Declan & Tahlia in my life, they are the most precious children that I know. I love the hugs and kisses they give me, I love how they tell me that they love me, I love them talking to me and spending time with me. I am grateful for a wonderful husband who gave me the opportunity to be a mother and to celebrate this day.
I am grateful for the examples I have to look at motherhood, My mum has been a wonderful influence in my life. I look how she would support my Dad in everything that he did and still raised us 5 kids. I am grateful how mum always gives the listening ear and encourages to live the gospel to the fullest. I am also grateful for a wonderful Mother in Law, she's a wonderful support and strength to us. The way she battles through everyday trials is unbelieveable. I am also grateful for the other examples I look up too, my sisters, my grandmothers, my aunties.
I truly believe that motherhood is the noblest calling of all and I am so glad that I am a Mum :).
No comments:
Post a Comment