5/31/10

Pancake Sunday

Since starting afternoon church 2 and a half years ago moving up to Williamtown. We decided that we needed to fill up the morning before going to church. I came to the idea that let's have a cooked breakfast. We started having scrambled eggs or pancakes. However, with the scrambled eggs we found that Declan has a mild allergy to them so now we just have pancakes.

What happens is Benn cooks the pancakes because I can't. After he finishes cooking them, we sit down as a family and eat them. This is probably the only opportunity during the family we have spending time as a family because during the week we are so busy with work, sport and other activities. We usually have them with maple syrup or jam. Icecream is for special occasions like birthdays, mother's/father's day and special milestones.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh I love this idea... we have early morning church, BUT.... if I was really prepared the night before we could do the same thing... just earlier. Thanks for the idea Kristy, you are awesome.. what a great tradition! Hmm, bacon and scrambled eggs sounds good right now! :)

Followers