6/17/08

Drama, Drama, Drama!

After 17 weeks to find out when number 2 is due, I went for an ultrasound yesterday and found out the baby is due on the 28th November. I however said to many people that if this little one follows the same trend and their big brother I expect this baby to be born in December. I could of found out the sex of the baby but Benn's Mum was with me (they are down from the Sunny Coast at the moment) and I just didn't think it was fair for Benn as he miss finding out with Declan plus my side of the family. However, watch this space in the next couple of weeks and we will be able to tell you.

Anyway, now that we have got that covered, we will talk about a scary experience that I had afterwards. Before my appointment, I started having really bad cramps to the point where I couldn't move or eat. However, I pushed myself to go because I don't know when I will get another appointment and I was anxious to see my baby. So anyway, Lynne (Benn's mum, Declan & I got in the car and drove to Maitland (about half an hour away from Raymond Terrace) and everything was fine.

After the ultrasound, Lynne & I were feeling quite hungry so we decided to go find something to eat. I went in one direction while she went in the other. I got what I wanted to eat and went to meet her however I didn't really make it, I passed out on the way there. The next thing I knew I was surrounded by people, being put in the first aid position and people screaming someone "call an ambulance". When I got back to consciousness, I saw Lynne with Declan (she got him out of the pram) and the first thing I did was burst into tears.

I guess it was the realisation that I didn't want my son to see me in the state I was in plus also knowing that Benn was interstate at the moment and couldn't get in the car or anything. However, I was lucky that I had Lynne with me because I don't know how I would cope with this alone or who would be my next of kin when Benn isn't here seeing that all my family live interstate.

The Ambulance arrived and whisked me away to Maitland Hospital where I spent the afternoon there in a corridor while they took blood, gave me an IV drip with all of it being in view of other people asking me if I was feeling alright. It worked out however that I had low blood sugar plus gastro. When I got of hospital I was feeling better then ever and last night I slept really well.

I am still suffering cramps and everything but I feel much more better today then yesterday.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh Kristy, how scary fro you. I am so glad that Benn's mum was with you. I am sure it gave Benn the fright of his life when he heard what went on. Now take care of you and make sure you have someting with you to eat all the time. Keep that blood sugar up girlie. Love ya. xox

Followers