6/6/08

Day 1 - Being a defence widow (AGAIN!)

Yesterday was DAY 1 of being a defence widow, this time I am not on my own and do as I please like some times before. This time I have to entertain a 1 year old named Declan. It has been raining quite heavily in Newcastle so I decided to stay in and keep warm.

We have tried many indoor activities, playing with toys, watching tv and drawing. All proved unsuccessful especially the drawing (see pic below). He had an afternoon nap, which I was grateful for because it gave me the opportunity to cook dinner and just relaxed.

Around that time I received a phone call from one of the Young Woman in our branch, asking if she (and a few girls and leaders) can come over around 7.30pm which I said, absolutely. They popped by, brought us some yummy food and asked questions about myself and my life (It's all to do with YW getting to know the RS sisters more).

Declan & I really enjoyed their company (Declan had someone else to play with and show off his many talents).After they left, we all went to bed. Declan had difficulties settling down but ended up going to sleep peacefully.

Benn is doing fine, he's enjoying the warm weather and he's growing a mo. I said to him, just as long as he shaves it before he gets home...I hate facial hair!

1 comment:

ash_w said...

LOL I want a picture of the mo so I can tease him!! so make sure he gets a picture of it. Love ya me

Followers