4/10/08

Something Amazing I heard today!

Before Declan was born, I joined an April 07 Birth Club at Baby Centre (the website). It's where I chat to women around Australia who have babies the same age as Declan, we talk about everything like baby milestones, little vents we have, motherhood, the list goes on. They are an amazing bunch of women to talk too.

I check the birth club when the opportunities arise (it's a bit hard with a toddler). They have introduced this thing called 'guess who'. Where the person who is pregnant changes their username and makes up clues for everyone to guess who is the pregnant one. (I did it a couple of weeks ago but they guess really easily because I stuffed it up). Anyway, yesterday I found another 'guess who' (there has been a lot on there lately) so I put down who it would be. This morning I was checking if this person told everyone who was pregnant and the person who said that they were, really shocked me because it was someone I didn't expect.

The girl who is pregnant name is Kristy as well, has got 4 kids already ranging from 9 to 1 year old and she lives in Victoria. She had problems with her last pregnancy so she said, "no more, thats it!" She decided to get her tubes tied so she went to the doctor, for the routine test before you get your tubes tied (a pregnancy test and a blood test) and they all came back positive, which shocked her completely because she received no symptoms whatsoever.

Anyway, she had an ultrasound to see how far along she was thinking that maybe she is like 5-7 weeks, it turns out that she is 18 weeks along and is due in September, she's having a boy. We are all excited for her and right now I am feeling jealously because she missed all her morning sickness symptoms which I am experiencing at the moment. I am not always having my head down a toilet bowl but I just feel so queasy all the time, I don't think I have ever felt this way with Declan.

2 comments:

de Wit Family said...

Well at least she found out in plenty of time! We have a family member on Cary's side who is an ED nurse and had someone come in with severe stomach pain. They suspected appendicitis or gall stones but ended up delivering a healthy baby girl instead. Now THAT I'm envious of...missing an entire pregnancy! LOL.

ash_w said...

How could you miss out of a entire pregnacy so unfair! But 18 weeks I could be a little upset that I didn't know my body better.

Followers