7/3/10

Goodbye Nursery

For 9 months, I have been serving as our Branch's Nursery Leader. What did that entail? A lot of hard work. Since becoming an adult of the church. I have held many callings. I have been Relief Society Music Director twice, Young Women's Secretary twice. A Ward Music Director, A Primary Teacher, A Sunday School Teacher, A YSA Rep, An Activities Chairperson. However, each of the callings had different challenges of their own. Nursery has been a lot of fun but has been the most challenging.

It involved myself basically throwing myself into this calling, preparing each lesson the Sunday before, looking at what different craft ideas, what songs to sing, teaching them new songs. Being there for 2 hours each Sunday after spending an hour an half running after my children during Sacrament Meeting. Coming home, Benn coping with my endless whinging of "How much longer do I need to do this?" There have been many Sunday nights where I have been falling asleep on the couch after an exhausting Sunday and thinking to myself... and the point of doing all this is?

However, there has been good moments. Watching the kids really getting into a lesson and learning a concept, watching a child pray for the first time, A parent telling me that he pointed to a picture of the Saviour and said, "Look Mum, That's Jesus." It's moments like that that I love this calling. I also love watching my children grow in the gospel and making it the most important part of their life.

Just last week, I said goodbye to all of that. My time as Nursery Leader came to an end. Even though, I was quite happy to get released because it has been 3 years since I have had a calling that doesn't involved taking my children to meetings or to teaching a class. I felt a little sad as well because I love those 6 little beings that I was able to work with. They are so gorgeous and have learnt so much from them.

My break however is short lived, As I said Goodbye to Nursery, I said Hello to a new calling and that is as a Counsellor in the Primary Presidency. As you notice with all the callings I had, not once have I served as a Counsellor in any of the auxiliaries. So I am looking forward towards a new challenge and just an opportunity to learn and grow.

No comments:

Followers