In August 2009, after we returned from Melbourne. I realised that Declan being 2 years old needed to have Nursery in his life because in Mum & Dad's Ward they have an excellent Nursery which Declan loved. It was at the point that the 4 other babies in the Branch were turning 18 months old and something needed to be done about it.
I went to my friend and Primary President in our Branch and talked to her about the importance of having a Nursery in the Branch and I told her if all else falls, put my name down. I was serving as Activities Committee Chairperson and felt like I wasnt' going anywhere with it. With Nursery, because Salt Ash Branch hasn't had a Nursery before, it's something that I wanted to build up and make it the best where the kids have fun and learn about the importance of the gospel.
After this conversation happened with my friend, a week later I was called as the new Nursery Leader. Since August 2009, I look after 5 beautiful young children, we play with toys, we eat food, we learn about the gospel and have some fun. Through this calling, I have learnt so much about service, love and humility. I learnt about the simple things I do around the Branch like serving in Nursery brings about great things.
I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve my Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment