3/31/09

Declan & Tahlia - Birth experiences

I saw this on Lissa's blog and I thought I should do the same but I have decided to do this for both of my kids.
Declan (top), Tahlia (bottom)

Declan's experience

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes, it was

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, 18 months into our marriage

3. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION? Very excited, jumped around the house!

4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23 years old at the time of me being pregnant, 24 when the baby was born.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Benn told me, he was ringing the washing machine repair place because our washing machine broke and there was a message left on our phone which was the doctor telling me I was pregnant. I went to the doctor because of Benn having Glandular Fever and I needed to get tested as well.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Our parents

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, I did.

9. DUE DATE? 6th April 2007

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? I was mostly tired with Declan

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Oven baked rolls and peanut butter toast.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST ? People pressuring me to have this baby. Declan was 10 days late.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? A boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? I was absolutely thrilled that we got a boy first

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I don't weigh myself in pregnancy

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? It was a surprise, I thought we were having a visiting teaching lunch, my visiting teaching companion arranged everything.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
I had High Blood Pressure at 33 weeks, I was hospitalised for the weekend which I was annoyed about mostly because I missed out on Ash & Kurt's wedding as well as seeing my Aunty Kylie for the last time before she died. Benn was also in the Middle East for 4 months.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Hawkesbury Hospital, Windsor, NSW. Not going back there!

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Seven Hours, it felt a lot longer!

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Benn did and I remember being as nervous as ever!

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Benn and other midwives

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural....NEVER AGAIN!!!

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had gas which I held on to for dear life as well as morphine which sent me loopy!

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 4.080kgs (9lbs)

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? 16th April 2007, 8.49am

30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Declan Trevor

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Almost 2

Tahlia's experience

1. WAS YOUR SECOND PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes and No

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes

3. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION? As horrible as it sounds, I burst into tears.

4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? Just turned 25 and was the same age when having her.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a test after Benn complained heaps about my moodiness.

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Benn and then I told my Dad

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Of course I did

9. DUE DATE? 28th November 2008

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yes, I didn't throw up at all but I just felt nauseous all the time!

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Strawberries, I would eat and punnet a day

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST ? Not much really, I tried to say cool, calm and collected this time round.

13. WHAT WAS YOUR SECOND CHILD'S SEX? A girl

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Absolutely not! We were really happy about the prospect of having a girl. Benn made a comment about having a girl is every father's worst nightmare because he's worried about boys. He is continually giving Declan pep talks about if any boy looks at his little sister, slap them down!

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? I don't weigh myself through pregnancy

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes, I had 2

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? One was a surprise with all my RAAF wives friends, the other one I knew about that Branch RS held that one.

18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Just the stupid system up here, it took me ages to get an ultrasound to find out my EDD as well as took me ages to get booked into the hospital.

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? John Hunter Hospital, New Lambton Heights (Newcastle), NSW

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? Four hours followed by an Emergency c-section

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Benn did at 4.30am, it took him 20 minutes driving there (it usually takes 40 minutes), I remember him mentioning that Diesel was $1.57 a litre (which was cheap at the time) and those stupid bumps on Pacific Highway near Heatherbrae.

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Benn, midwives, doctors. I was fast asleep. I don't particularly know.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-Section after experiences a few seizures going through transition.

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Not really, I went under a general anaesetic (sp) for my c-section.

27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7lb 30z

28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? 3rd December 2008, 8.41am

WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Tahlia Elizabeth Reeves

31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? Almost 4 months old

No comments:

Followers