I will start on the weekend, it has been a few first for Declan this week. On Saturday he attended his first birthday party. My friend Lesley, her daughter Chloe turned 3. Of course at a 3 year old birthday party there was all types of food to be enjoyed. Declan took a likening to fairy bread (as you can all see by this photo). I don't know how many pieces he had, he kept stealing the other kids (they weren't too thrilled about that).
Anyway, the weekend finally came to a close and Monday morning around 1.30am came another first for Declan...THE TUMMY BUG. The one thing I have been looking forward to since being a mother (NOT!) I think the awful part of it was seeing him throw up because this hasn't really happened before, he just didn't know what to do and for most of that morning I just held him in my arms and tried my best to help him cope with the situation.
Anyway, as you know the tummy bug spreads and this week not only Declan was sick, Wednesday morning (around 1.30am) I became sick followed by Benn who was sick (or dying) that afternoon.
After our house has been affected by the tummy bug epidemic and having to look after a baby and a husband especially with me not feeling good. I started to reflect on my mum and what she has done to look after us 5 kids (and dad) throughout the years when we were sick. I don't know how many times I have rang her this week to tell her how much I appreciate her.
All of us are feeling better now, Benn went off to his Adventure Training this morning (he comes back tomorrow sometime) and all I need to do is to make the house germ-free so no one else will get sick.
1 comment:
Oh dear Kristy.. What a terrible weekend. I hate being sick, when our little ones get that way it is awful to see. Lets hope you can get by without any more sickness for a long time. xox
Post a Comment