I haven't really had an opportunity to write, everything has been so busy! I thought that I would take time out and write about our Anzac Day.
Benn has a tradition every year that he goes up to Mudgee, NSW (3 hours west of Sydney) for Anzac Day. The reason he goes up there is because he lived in Mudgee before enlisting into the Air Force. It's a good opportunity for him to catch up with old friends and just to see the place.
Anyway, we decided at the very last minute to go up to Mudgee, we left on the Thursday night after Benn finished work and stayed in a motel room. The day went as followed, Dawn Service at 6am, BBQ breakfast at RSL which was quite nice, visited a few people, we went back to the RSL around 10am so Benn could get ready for the march and ceremony. After all that, Benn, Declan & I were invited to a RSL Luncheon for Servicemen and their wives which was lovely.
We started making tracks about 2.30pm and got home around 6pm. Feeling slightly tired. However, all of us had a great day and we are probably going to do the same next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment