3/17/08

Walking back through memory lane!

I had a pretty normal Monday today, I went to the shops because the missionaries were suppose to be coming over for dinner tonight but we postponed for Wednesday due to them having a meeting in Newcastle. I cleaned around the house, Declan & I watched Toy Story 2 and I started to prepare my Sunday School lesson for next Sunday. The next Sunday lesson would is Feasting Upon the Word of Christ and I remember when I was in Seminary, my Mum who happened to be the Seminary Teacher gave me a picture of Cookie Monster eating a Book of Mormon asking the question "Are you nibbling or feasting?" I thought I put it away in one of my devotional folder in the bookcase but it was no where to be seen!
It gave me an excuse to go under the computer desk and look through our big storage container where Benn & I have books from studies, old Institute and Seminary Manuals and numerous editions of my old journals when I was a teenager. Anyway, I couldn't find the picture but I decided to have a read of my old journals.
I sounded so diluted! I wish I could go back to when I was a teenager and do a do-over to what I would do differently but I think my problem was I didn't know the essence who I was. I wanted to be 'cool' but I realise that being cool is just being true to yourself and saying to people, this is who I am...deal with it!
However, even though I think I sounded diluted when I was a teenager, all of these experiences I had, brought me to that night when I was attending Institute at Nambour Chapel in Qld when a certain young man from Sydney was on holidays visiting his family up there. That young man who was Benn changed my life forever and together we have got a marriage for time and all eternity plus the bonus part is that we have got a beautiful baby son.
I don't regret that part at all!

No comments:

Followers