Since I was 14, I started to teach myself the piano. After coming from a school that was quite musical. I felt that to fit in, I needed to find out a bit about music. Everytime I finished my homework I would sit at the piano and play every song in the Hymns Made Easy and a selected few from Children Songbook and the Hymn Book.
I wouldn't say that I was this amazing piano player but I felt that everytime I played my talent grew and grew, I also found it really relaxing. It came to the point where I would play for some YSA Firesides and Baptisms. I don't know what happened but it seemed I was busy with everything else that I became less interested in the piano then I got married and moved away and I stopped playing.
On Wednesday, while I was busy doing things around the house I got a phone call from Kerry who is Branch Music Chairperson (Yes, Sally & Mel, your mum is harrassing me again, haha) asking me if I know music and do I play the piano, she asked me that because my wonderful visiting teaching companion April who is Branch Pianist is getting married in June and moving out the Branch.
I said yes to Kerry but I am so very out of practise. She set me a challenge to start practising so I can be ready by June to start playing along with the others she was calling that day. Anyway, so my new challenge amongst the others that I have is...to start playing the piano so when I do actually play in Sacrament, I don't mess up!
3/20/08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment