3/7/08

Homesick for The Hawkesbury

Early morning due on North Richmond
I know for myself, I wouldn't imagine writing anything like this. I know a few years ago when I first got married, all I wanted was Benn to get posted up to Amberley (Ipswich, Qld) so I can be somewhat close to our families, so I feel that I can have there support. I didn't want to live Richmond but then all of a sudden things somehow got easier and the homesick for living with my family faded.
After living there for 2 and half years (for me), 6 years for Benn. Benn got posted up here to Williamtown. We were pretty happy due to the fact that Benn was tired and stressed due to his job down in Richmond and being able to move somewhere new to start afresh. Anyway, we have been here in Raymond Terrace for 2 months and everyone has been really nice, friendly and helpful but now I am suffering homesickness for the Hawkesbury.
I miss a few things about living there, I miss my friends both from church and my Mother's Group (both RAAF & Community). I miss the
convenience of having the choice whether I wanted to go either Richmond or Windsor for shopping. I miss how beautiful the place was, I miss taking around a drive around Kurrajong (and areas around there) and seeing all the trees and the peace up there and having the secret desire of us buying up there.
However, I hope that this homesickness will fade and I will be settled down here up in Raymond Terrace. I know that we are meant to be up here mostly because Heavenly Father has blessed us in so many ways! We are heading down to Sydney this weekend for a wedding and it's sounds a bit strange but I am so looking forward seeing the place! I miss it so much!

No comments:

Followers