2/14/08

Valentines Day

I wrote everything out and then somehow I deleted it all. I am still getting use to this whole blogging thing but I am still addicted. I can't wait for Melbourne next week so I have more interesting things to write about!

So today is Valentines Day, my personal opinion on this day is, why celebrate when you can show each other love and gratitude for one day when you should be doing it all year round. After watching Sunrise and The Morning Show I came to think about one of my favourite quotes on love by President Spencer W Kimball..

"What is love? Many people think of it as mere physical attraction and they casually speak of ‘falling in love’ and love at first sight.’ This may be Hollywood’s version and the interpretation of those who write love songs and love fiction. True love is not wrapped up in flimsy material. One might become immediately attracted to another individual, but love is far more than physical attraction. It is deep, inclusive, and comprehensive. Physical attraction is only one of the many elements; there must be faith and confidence and understanding and partnership. There must be common ideals and standards. There must be great devotion and companionship. Love is cleanliness and progress and sacrifice and selfishness. This kind of love never tires nor wanes, but lives through sickness and sorrow, poverty and privation, accomplishment and disappointment, time and eternity. For the love to continue, there must be an increase constantly of confidence and understanding, of frequent and sincere expression of appreciation and affection. There must be forgetting of self and a constant concern for the other. Interests, hopes, objectives must be constantly focused into a single channel."

They are the perfect words to describe my love for my husband. Anyway, hopefully is not too soppy.

No comments:

Followers